Welcome to My AP Biology Thoughts podcast, my name is Stefanie Ribecca and I am your host for episode # 104 called Unit 5 Heredity: Chromosomal Inheritance. Today we will be discussing how inheritance occurs in the chromosomal level.
Segment 1: Introduction to Chromosomal Inheritance
- Chromosomal inheritance is an extension of Mendelian genetics.
- Chromosomes contain DNA which carry the genetic information that code for proteins.
- Chromosomes are found in pairs, and increase genetic variation during meiosis.
Segment 2: More About Chromosomal Inheritance
- During meiosis, non sister chromatids in homologous pairs exchange information during crossing over.
- Certain genes may be close together on the chromosome and may appear to be inherited together.
Segment 3: Connection to the Course
- Chromosomal inheritance allows for a combination of traits from both parents.
- Genetic diversity from chromosomal inheritance allows individuals in a population to adapt to the environment.
Thank you for listening to this episode of My AP Biology Thoughts. For more student-ran podcasts and digital content, make sure that you visit www.hvspn.com.
- “Ice Flow” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License
Subscribe to our Podcast
Connect with us on Social Media
- Twitter @thehvspn