Hopewell Valley Student Podcasting Network
Show Name: Find Your Kind
Episode #6: Everyday Should Be Like Christmas!
“Hello and welcome back! You are listening to Find Your Kind the podcast with your host Delaney Janks. You’re currently listening to this podcast on the Hopewell Valley Student Publications Network where students come together to publish content to share with the world. Please note that the opinions expressed in this episode are mine, and mine alone. In this episode, “Everyday Should Be Like Christmas”, I’ll be talking about how Christmas isn’t only about receiving gifts, it’s about giving back not only to your loved ones, but also to those who need it most.
Segment 1: Importance
- The holidays are upon us…but do we get too wrapped up in receiving gifts?
- Starting new traditions that put others first
- The holidays are also about sharing, and spreading joy not just for your family, but for others too
- Let’s work on moderating our wants, being thankful for what we have, and giving to others this holiday season
Segment 2: What Can We Do?
- Implementing meaningful Christmas traditions that focus on making a difference in the lives of others in need
- Simple and easy ideas to brighten others holiday:
- Leave a gift for your mail carrier
- Put a small gift in your mailbox with a thank you note for all that they do!
- Write thank you notes to the people who go all out to decorate their homes for the holidays
- Shovel snow for a neighbor
- Buying locally—from family-owned businesses or freelancers
- Try “candy cane bombing” a parking lot where you go around sticking candy canes with a note wrapped around them on car windshield for people to discover
- Things to do for others that might take a bit more time:
- Fill a box for Operation Christmas Child
- Operation Christmas Child is a hands-on opportunity to select gifts for a child, pack them in a box, and send the box to a child whose life will be touched by your kindness
- Downloading a coloring sheet from the website Color a Smile
- Pick a coloring sheet, print it, color it, and mail it to the attached address where it’ll be sent to any U.S. troop worldwide.
- Donate to the program Angel Tree run by the Salvation Army
- Through this program, certain families enroll for donations of new clothing. Then you sign up by selecting a child by gender and clothing size, and from there, provide new clothing for the child in need.
Segment 3: Wrap Up
- Giving back during the holidays can be a really rewarding experience for all those involved
- The true spirit of the season comes from giving thanks for what we have and lending kindness towards others
- There’s a remarkable power of the holiday season in terms of spreading generosity— it brings people together, boosts happiness, and acknowledges our shared humanity
- Wishing listeners a happy holiday season
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas by E’s Jammy Jams
- Cannon and Variation by Twin Musicom
Subscribe to our Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts