Hopewell Valley Student Podcasting Network
Show Name: Find Your Kind
Episode 2: Give a Little, Get a Lot
Episode 2 of “Find Your Kind” the podcast is out for you to listen to, where you’ll learn about how to become a better person through kindness! This episode covers ways you can give to those in need and why you should consider doing so.
“Hello and welcome back! You are listening to Find Your Kind the podcast with your host Delaney Janks. You’re currently listening to this podcast on the Hopewell Valley Student Publications Network where students come together to publish content to share with the world. Please note that the opinions expressed in this episode are mine, and mine alone. In this episode, “Give a Little, Get a Lot”, I’ll be discussing the importance of giving and what YOU can do to help those in need.
Segment 1: Why it’s Important
- Why does one give?
- Giving is an experience threaded into the daily lives of everyone
- Giving is hard-wired into who we are as human beings
- Why people like receiving vs. why people like giving
- Giving in terms of donations; social impact organizations
- How you can make a difference
Segment 2: Organizations to talk about that people can get connected with
- Ways to donate to charity through donations
- First way: monetary donations
- How to raise money as a teen
- Second way: clothes, shoes, and bags donations
- Where/how to donate them
- Third way: donating books
- Fourth way: donating unwanted food to pantries and shelters
- Hopewell Valley Mobile Food Pantry
- Final way: buying products from organizations supporting charities you care about
- Newman’s Own, Tom’s, and Bombas
- Brief discussion about English class project and partnering with Team Rubicon
- What is Team Rubicon?
- What is happening in Afghanistan?
- What are we doing to help?
Segment 3: Wrap Up
- Why we SHOULD give
- The first reason: it helps people who need it
- We have a responsibility
- The next reason: it can improve your OWN wellbeing
- You can make a massive difference in the lives of others while simultaneously benefiting yourself
- Final reason: it introduces the importance of generosity to those around you and encourages them to do the same
- Emphasis on getting to action
- Just by giving a little, you can get a lot in return
- Creek Whistle by Steve Adams
- Reasons to Hope by Reed Mathis
- Tropic by Anno Domini Beats
Subscribe to our Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts