Hopewell Valley Student Podcasting Network
Show Name: Hyperfixation Nation
Episode Title: Weird but true
You are listening to Hyperfixation Nation, the podcast with your host Blake. In this episode of Hyperfixation Nation I will be talking about some questions/brain twisters and weird facts about the world. These facts will make you laugh, will leave you puzzled, and make you question everything you know, hopefully at least.
Segment 1: Intro
Hello! So I have been wanting to do this episode for a while because I always have these facts in my back pocket and I like starting debates with the brain twisters because it spices life up! I always enjoy learning cool little pieces of trivia that maybe will help me win a game show some day, who knows
Segment 2:Cool facts
So these are some cool facts about the world that I have found over the course of my life and thought were really cool. I actually have a note on my phone where I put new ones whenever I find one. I also did a little research for this episode but a decent amount of these are facts that I have come upon randomly.
- Scotland’s national animal is unicorn
- Australia is wider than the moon – moon is 2,113 miles wide and australia is 2,485 miles wide
- The eiffel tower gets taller in the summer because the iron heats up and thermal expansion occurs making it 6 inches taller when it is hot
- Human teeth are the only part of the body that cannot heal themselves
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur
- An 11 year old accidentally invented ice pops
- Warm water increases dopamine so we are more creative in the shower so if you’re struggling with a problem that involves thinking outside the box, take a hot shower
- Supermarket apples can be a year old!
- Wasabi paste is often actually horseradish instead of real wasabi because wasabi is expensive
- People used to say prunes when taking pictures – how did that change to cheese?
- Competitive art used to be an olympic event
- Cat pee glows under black light – ew but cool!
- J-lo is the reason we have google images in the search engine – so many people wanted to see pics of her 2000 grammys green dress that google added the feature
- British military tanks can make tea
- A blue whales heartbeat can be detected from up to 2 miles away
- Easter island heads also have bodies – what the heck happened to them?
- Ketchup used to be sold as medicine
- Humans are the only animals that blush
- Humans have tongue prints
- The blob of toothpaste on your toothpaste has a name – a nurdle
- Hawaii gets 3 feet closer to alaska each year – its on a tectonic plate that shifts closer to the main land every day
- 293 ways to make change for a dollar
- A lot of common materials are radioactive – bananas, potatoes, spinach, Brazil nuts, oranges, and granite countertops
- Animals can be allergic to humans – like we are allergic to cats and dogs
- The “human” body is 56% bacteria and other non-human organisms
- Lego bricks withstand compression better than concrete – applause effect
- A chicken once lived an entire year without a head
- One in 18 people have a 3rd nipple
- The concept “die of laughter” is actually possible, intense laughter can cause suffocation and/or a heart attack
- Most toilet paper sold for home use in france is PINK
Segment 3: Questions/brain twisters
Ok ok, I have always found that questions or things that make your brain twist are really fun to think about and they can often cause some debates which are always super fun. So here are some questions that I have asked or been asked recently.
- Drive in a parkway and park in a driveway – car sound effect
- Orange, color or fruit first?
- Chicken or egg – rooster sound effect
- We always think that supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters) is the longest word in the English language but really, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis(45 letters) is. It is a word that refers to a lung disease contracted by inhaling fine silica particles. – crowd clapping effect
- Is water wet?
- Are shorts a type of pants?
- If soap falls on the floor, is the soap dirty or the floor clean?
- Doors or wheels?
My next episode may take a while to come out because the semester is ending so my class where I am making these episodes will be over and so it will take me a bit to get back into the routine of it. Be sure to stick around though! I hope you enjoyed the episode, learned something new, and had fun! This is Hyperfixation Nation, hosted by Blake, goodbye y’all!