Hopewell Valley Student Podcasting Network
Show Name: All About Business
Episode #7: Everything About Ecommerce
Check out the latest episode of #allaboutbusiness the podcast on hvspn.com. We explain what ecommerce is, its benefits and risks, and how to get started in it.
You are listening to All About Business, the podcast with your host(s) Prithvi.
In this episode of All About Business the Podcast we discuss: what ecommerce is, its benefits and risks, and how to get started in it.
Segment 1: What is ecommerce?
In this segment I will be explaining what ecommerce is and give some examples of major ecommerce websites.
- Ecommerce is the buying and selling of goods and services over the internet.
- It can be conducted on any smart device like phones, tablets, and computers.
- You can purchase pretty much anything online.
- Online stores like Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, and Fiverr are just a few examples of stores that are purely ecommerce.
- Retail stores like Walmart and Target also have websites but are still mainly brick and mortar businesses.
- Many ecommerce websites are made up of independent sellers who sell their products through big ecommerce website like Ebay, Amazon, Etsy, and Fiverr or on their own individual websites
Segment 2: Benefits and Risks of E Commerce
In this segment I will be explaining the benefits and risks of starting your own ecommerce business or online store.
- Online Security
- System reliability
- Privacy Issues
- Customer Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- SEO(Search Engine Optimization)
- Return of Goods or Warranty
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Low Cost
- 24/7 Potential Income
- International Selling
- Easy to showcase best sellers
- Affordable employees
- Easier to encourage impulse buying
- Easy to remarket to customers
- Customers get a less invasive experience
- Able to scale business quickly
Segment 3: How to get started.
In this segment I will be explaining how to get started in ecommerce/how to start your own ecommerce business.
- Researching Ecommerce Niches
- Will you be sellings products or services?
- If you’re selling products, are they physical or digital?
- Where will you acquire your products?
- What business model do you want to use?
- Selecting a business/legal structure
- Obtain Business Permits and Licenses
- Choose an Ecommerce Platform and Create Your Website
- Source or Develop Products
- Market Your Ecommerce Business
In this episode I basically explained how to set up your own ecommerce store and how it works. So thank you guys for tuning in on this episode of All About Business, check out my previous episodes and tune in for more next time. Bye
Daydream Dripping by SKIRK
Inside Boy by BARY
Timelapse by MendeX
Forever by Nomyn
SKY by KC5
Subscribe to our Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts