You’ve Got a Friend in Me
Hopewell Valley Student Podcasting Network
Show Name: Find Your Kind
Episode #8: “You Got A Friend In Me”
“Hello and welcome back! You are listening to Find Your Kind the podcast with your host Delaney Janks. You’re currently listening to this podcast on the Hopewell Valley Student Publications Network where students come together to publish content to share with the world. Please note that the opinions expressed in this episode are mine, and mine alone. In this episode, “The Art of Self Love”, my goal is to talk about how we can begin the journey of being kinder to ourselves by shifting our mindset to one of self-compassion, and forgiveness.
Segment 1: Importance
- There’s an emphasis on having romantic relationships and finding that “ideal person” who will make us happy and fulfilled, but studies have actually shown that having good friends is even more important to our psychological welfare.
- Friends bring more happiness into our lives than virtually anything else
- Friends can relieve stress, prevents loneliness, and provides us with a source of comfort and support.
- The purpose of this episode is to discuss ways to maintain friendships because making close friends doesn’t “just happen” and it’s common for us to struggle when it comes to developing real, quality connections with people.
- Introduce this episode’s guest: Jacky Sun
Segment 2: Q & A
- How did we meet?
- In what ways do we comfort each other?
- Do we ever get jealous of each other and how do we handle it?
- Are we good at listening to each other?
- Do we ever feel left out? If so, how do we make each other feel included?
- How do we support each other’s insecurities?
- Do we ever get angry at each other and what do we do in those situations?
Segment 3: Wrap Up
- Emphasizing the importance of the famous Beatles lyrics: “I get by with a little help from my friends”
- Friends are the ones that make us feel comfortable and also know our shortcomings but still love us anyway
- You should be the best version of yourself when surrounded by your friends
- You get what you give in a true friendship
- Friendship needs nurturing— You can’t plant seeds, forget about them, then hope that something will grow someday without any effort from you
- Creek Whistle by Steve Adams
- Reasons to Hope by Reed Mathis
- Tropic by Anno Domini Beats
Subscribe to our Podcast
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
Connect with us on Social Media
In episode 8 of Find Your Kind, my goal is to talk about how we can begin the journey of being kinder to ourselves by shifting our mindset to one of self-compassion, and forgiveness.